January 10, 2006

So, who is this Henry Darger guy and why is he showing up in my Google Ads?

One of the oddities of having Google Ads is that you aren't allowed to click on the ads on your own site, because if you do, in the manner of John Goodman in "The Big Lebowski," "Son, you've just entered a world of pain."

I think the Henry Darger PBS documentary ad keeps showing up because I listed "Junebug" in my favorite movies of 2005, and one of the characters is trying to sign up an "outsider artist" (i.e., mentally ill rural nobody painter) to exhibit at her gallery.

I once visited the Art Brut museum in Lausanne, Switzerland. It sounded pretty cool -- deranged artists! -- but it turned out that people locked up in insane asylums have a whole lot of time on their hands, and their artworks reflect it -- e.g., a model of the Eiffel Tower made out of 50,000 toothpicks. But Mr. Darger could be more interesting.


My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

No comments: