March 8, 2005

Garance Franke-Ruta Rides Again!

Garance Franke-Ruta is at it again: As you may recall, The American Prospect senior editor with the name that appears to have been created by a Random Syllable Generator denounced David Brooks last year for citing in the NYT a statistic tabulated by me. Not because the statistic Brooks quoted was untrue, but because I Am A Bad Person. Among my many crimes, according to Franke-Ruta, was that I wrote, " I believe the truth is better for us than ignorance, lies, or wishful thinking. At least, it’s certainly more interesting."

Having unraveled the secret of the sinister Brooks-Sailer cabal, Franke-Ruta has a new article out probing the deep, deep connections between Easongate, "Jeff Gannon," and some guy in Baltimore. It's getting a lot of play in the liberal blogosphere despite being 99% fact-free. One of the supposed plotters replies here, witheringly. And here's my close personal friend Tacitus (Josh Trevino) on Franke-Ruta's delusions. (Uh, oh, I shouldn't have let that cat out of the bag. Now Franke-Ruta will probably win the Pulitzer with her next investigative report on the clandestine iSteve-Tacitus juggernaut.)


Steve Sailer's homepage and blog is iSteve.com

No comments: